The Saville Foundation Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education
The next Pan-African Awards will open in Autumn 2014
The Saville Foundation Pan African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education recognise that entrepreneurship in education will play a vital role in driving positive social change in Africa. Aside from financial prizes, the awards offer a platform for organisations to inspire each other and share what works.
- Do you have what it takes?
- Is your education or training project based in Africa?
- Is your education project creative and entrepreneurial?
- Could other organisations learn from your project?
If you answered yes to these questions your organisation could be in with a chance of winning a Pan African Award for Entrepreneurship in Education.
If you have any questions regarding the competition please contact us at email@example.com
About the Awards
Since 2007 Teach a Man to Fish in partnership with The Saville Foundation have been rewarding organisations that contribute to Africa’s long term growth and development through an entrepreneurial approach to education and training. The competition is open to all organisations that are based in Africa and working in education. This includes primary, secondary and tertiary education, as well as non-formal and adult education. Past winners have included a television program in Tanzania, an embroidery training programme in Madagascar and a bicycle recycling enterprise in Lesotho - we are looking for anything and everything that combats poverty in an innovative, sustainable, and effective way!
Benefits for winners
- First prize of $10,000, 2nd and 3rd prizes of $5,000 and 55 awards of $1,000 for the best entry from each country in Africa.
- A sponsored trip to our international conference and peer-learning workshop for the top three award winners
- Business guidance
- Media publicity
- Enhanced sponsorship and donation opportunities
Entrepreneurship in Education
The main features of projects we award are:
- They’re entrepreneurial- they have innovative ways of tackling problems in education, they generate their own income, or they empower future generations of entrepreneurs.
- They’re sustainable- they are financially, socially and environmentally sustainable in the future and that look beyond donations and subsidies as their primary source of income.
- They create Impact- they achieve measurable results in terms of educational achievement and economic outcomes for participants and the wider community.
- Make your passion for education and entrepreneurship shine through.
- Tell us what makes your project special, different and innovative.
- Bring your application to life with examples - we want to hear about the great changes you are making in your community!
The competition is sponsored by the Saville Foundation-a private foundation committed to enabling significant and relevant social change. To do this, it seeks out and engages with projects or institutions that provide innovative and appropriate alternatives to current challenges in education and community development. The foundation also promote awareness and action on the part of donors, corporate bodies and government to engage and invest with more consciousness, assess each intervention deeply, stay involved to ensure project resilience, and ultimately replicate proven solutions. Organisations running creative programs in the education and entrepreneurship field can play a vital role in driving positive social change, yet they rarely receive the recognition they deserve. The SAVILLE FOUNDATION Pan-African Awards for Entrepreneurship in Education represent a small step forward in terms of drawing international attention to their brilliant ideas and achievements.
For more information on the Saville Foundation
To download the award nomination forms, visit the website: www.teachamantofish.org.uk/pan-african-awards