Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards (PERA) 2014
The Western Cape Government has opened applications for their Premier’s Entrepreneurship Recognition Awards (PERA) 2014. The awards showcase and celebrate exceptional entrepreneurs from across the Western Cape, with the aim to inspire and help build a culture of entrepreneurship in the province. This year’s award totals R500,000 in cash prizes across six categories, with the overall Entrepreneur of the Year also winning a trip to an international entrepreneurship event, or trade fair. Entries open on 15 July 2014 and close on 15 August 2014.
This programme, now in its second year, is part of the Western Cape Government’s aim to create a vibrant, innovative and sustainable economy characterised by growth, employment and increasing equity and opportunity. It is designed to recognise, support and encourage a culture of entrepreneurship in the Western Cape – already known as an attractive destination and centre of innovation, business start-ups and economic opportunity.
The Awards aim to demonstrate the powerful economic development potential of local entrepreneurs, and showcase their innovative and resourceful achievements.
- Emerging business – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer.
- Established business – Any business operating in the Western cape for 5 years or longer.
- Social enterprise – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, and which aims to address a social challenge through innovation.
- Green business – Any business operating in the Western Cape for 12 months or longer, and which contributes to or offers solutions in energy or environmental sustainability.
- Best innovative student idea – Any full-time student in the Western Cape who has an innovative business idea.
Eligibility and Entry Criteria
To qualify, entrants must live in the Western Cape and (with the exception of student idea entries) have:
- a valid ID document
- a valid business registration with CIPC
- a valid tax clearance certificate
- up to date financial statements, management accounts and a business bank account
- demonstrate sound financial performance over the last year
- evidence of entrepreneurial management and leadership.
Previous winners may not enter their businesses again. However, previous winners may enter a new or different business.
Applications and More Information
To enter PERA2014, you can visit the website. Applications close 15 August 2014.