“My team is the fuel of the business, they put their hearts and soul into what they do.”
Anicha Abdul, founder of EP Management & Consultancy Services (Mozambique)Read More
Debra Mwodza, founder of Quest Support Solutions (South Africa)Read More
by Brigette Mashile, founder of Roka Roko
In the 4 years that Roka Roko has been in existence, I have hired 6 people and lost all of them, each for different reasons. I have learned how tough it is to find the right person to hire and keep them. A lot of us say hiring is growth and give it a status, making it sound fancy and grand. Well, it is the same as the fashion industry, nothing fancy but really challenging.Read More
Think twice before hiring friends….
- Tumi Frazier is a South African entrepreneur, professional speaker, author, TV personality, consultant, and founder of Tumi Frazier International, Tumi Leadership Academy, and Tumi Foundation. Tumi is an internationally acclaimed Leadership and Change Management expert who has worked with high profile clients and organizations across Africa, United States and Europe. Tumi has authored 4 books: Courageous Stories of Inspiration; In the Midst of the Storm; Stepping Stones to Success; and Your Moment. Read Tumi's startup story here.Read More
by Tumi Frazier, founder of Tumi Frazier International
Generally, the most common outcome for entrepreneurs who hire friends is ruined friendships. So, can we really mix business with friendships? Can we effectively navigate both, with the knowledge that business relationships gone sour can ruin friendships?Read More
Recruiting the right people is always tricky. Referrals are the way to go....
- Carrol Boyes is an iconic South African designer who has built a global brand. She founded Carrol Boyes (Pty) Ltd in 1991 combining her artistic flair and talent in sculpture with her jewellery experience to create an extensive range of distinctive homeware, giftware, flatware and table top products. Today, her company designs and manufactures a meticulously crafted product range of well over 1000 items and sells over a million items every year. Products are always imbued with Carrol's trademark artistic flair and finesse. The brand is available through her 35 branded shops in South Africa and in over 30 other countries around the world.Read More
Always value the people around you - it is they who help you succeed....
- Tabitha Karanja is founder and CEO of Keroche Breweries. She is one of Kenya's leading entrepreneurs, a remarkable trailblazer and an example of a woman made good against all the odds. Tabitha chose to venture where none before her had dared. She took on an 87-year-old business monopoly and entered an industry with a deeply entrenched male gender stereotype. Tabitha broke the mould to become Kenya’s first home-grown beer and alcoholic drink manufacturer. Today, her company's state-of-the-art production facility is targeting 20% of the Kenyan market.Read More
Get the right people and experts around you....
- Njeri Rionge is one of Africa’s leading entrepreneurs and one of the very few women pioneers in the ICT sector on the African continent. This serial entrepreneur founded numerous companies including co-founding the internet service provider Wananchi Online, one of east Africa’s leading providers of pay-tv, broadband internet and VoIP services. Today she splits her time between strategy consulting, speaking engagements, and investment work, either personally or through one of her portfolio businesses. Her focus is on working with SMEs and entrepreneurs to grow indigenous businesses that can be scaled across Africa.Read More
Find people you can trust and who will support you in the early stage of your venture…
- Anne Githuku-Shongwe is founder and Chief Executive Officer of Afroes Transformational Games - a company that builds mobile game-based learning platforms out of South Africa and Kenya. Anne's vision is to revolutionise learning in Africa with a focus on delivering positive Africa-focused mobile phone entertainment to the youth market across the continent.Read More