Africa's leading Indigenous lifestyle and entertainment brand marks a milestone year and looks ahead to a bright future. EbonyLife TV, Nigeria’s leading television channel proudly announced its fifth anniversary, on July 1. Launched in 2013, this is a significant achievement for the proudly ‘made in Nigeria’ company, which has become a major feature film producer as well.
To celebrate, the growing media group launched a number of initiatives on July 1:
- Its global Video-on-Demand (VoD) digital service, EbonyLife ON, will be available in Africa
- Streaming movies and series via EbonyLife ON Mobile, in partnership with MTN, Airtel and 9 Mobile
- Its regular TV service commences broadcast in Africa on the StarTimes network (channels 191 and 107), in addition to DStv and Flow in 10 Caribbean countries.
- Africa’s first legal drama series, Castle & Castle, premieres on EbonyLife ON
- Launching a new brand identity
Mo Abudu, founder and CEO, is thrilled about the channel reaching its fifth year. “We are incredibly grateful to have made it this far. The journey has not been easy and a lot of hard work has gone into the past few years. We would not be here without the people who have been in our corner from day one – sponsors, advertisers, partners, vendors, employees, talent, contractors and our viewers, who have been extremely loyal,” she said.
Taking these bold steps after five years is further proof of EbonyLife’s commitment to change the African narrative through homegrown, quality programming. Viewers should anticipate an exciting July, with changes that will cement the EbonyLife media group as the go-to source of dynamic, original, quality content that showcases the best of Africa to the world.