What an event, what a gathering of inspirational women entrepreneurs, what an amazing time to be a woman entrepreneur in Africa! 280+ delegates; 35 inspirational speakers from across Africa. Catchup on some of the highlights of the Lionesses of Africa Annual Conference 2016.
After weeks of planning, and mounting excitement in our Lionesses of Africa community, we held our inaugural Lionesses of Africa Annual Conference 2016 in Johannesburg on 12 October - and, what an event it was. The sun was shining on a beautiful South African summer’s day for the event which took place in the unique and prestigious surroundings of the Inanda Polo Club in Johannesburg. Women entrepreneurs from across the African continent came together to share their personal startup stories, to exchange ideas, to discuss the challenges and opportunities for women entrepreneurs, and of course, to network and do business with one another. It was a day filled with inspiration, great conversation, wonderful storytelling, laughter, tears of joy an so much more. It is an event that will linger long in the memory for all the right reasons.
If you were not able to join us on the day, then share some of the highlights of this remarkable event with us now.
Highlights of the Lionesses of Africa Annual Conference 2016
- 280+ delegates
- 35 inspirational speakers from 8 countries
- An emotion-charged performance from South African opera singer, Nozuko Teto
- 5 keynote speakers
- 5 incredible impact partners - Standard Bank (Lead Partner); Liberty, GE Africa Innovation Centre, IDF Capital, and Telkom FutureMakers
- 5 Panel Discussions
- Trailblazing Women Entrepreneurs
- The Changemakers
- Funding the Next Generation of Women Entrepreneurs
- The Brand Builders Going Global
- Tech for Innovation and Social Good
- 4 networking sessions
- 8 AfroLuxe exhibitors
- 1 Conference cocktail and networking party with live jazz
Watch the video highlights showreel of the Lionesses of Africa Annual Conference 2016 below: