Calling all women entrepreneurs in South Africa. Here’s your chance to collaborate with GE as they Innovate, Imagine and Invent – In Africa; For Africa.
GE has been at the cutting edge of Global Innovation over centuries. And now GE has brought the opportunity to women entrepreneurs in South Africa to help them innovate, imagine, and invent. It has launched the GE Africa Innovation Centre (GEAIC) in Johannesburg, South Africa; And the women of Africa feature high on its list.
As part of its commitment to developing women entrepreneurs, the GE AIC is partnering with Lionesses of Africa on an Open Innovation Challenge. So what exactly is an Open Innovation Challenge?
- Entrants are required to provide a sustainable digital solution to a pressing challenge – or opportunity.
- The solution should ideally focus on the sectors, and businesses, that GE SSA serves (automotive, aviation, chemical, food and beverage, healthcare, industrial manufacturing, intelligent environments, oil and gas, power, transportation).
Criteria & Format
- Submit a proposal in a digital format of your choice.
Include the following elements in your proposal
- Description of your proposed Digital Solution
- Describe the opportunity/challenge/context that the Solution focuses on
- Describe why this is a sustainable opportunity / solution
- Provide a proposed project plan for development, or, if an existing product, proposed next phase in development
- Describe the value of your project to GE, or the value to you of GE’s involvement in your project.
- The Challenge is open to all women entrepreneurs in Sub-Saharan Africa.
- The Challenge closes on 15 November 2016 at 23h00
- The winning entry will receive USD 1 500.00, and the opportunity to work with GE AIC Digital Academy team on developing their proposed project.
- Short-listed candidates will be included as preferential suppliers to GE Sub-Saharan Africa
Resources & References
- Creativity and originality of entry
- Technical feasibility
- Ability to commercialize
- Nature of the technology
- Prospective market impact of solution
- Prospective impact of attending the event
- See Official Rules for details.
- Kindly submit at least one entry by 23h00 November 15, 2016 via the link: www.geafricainnovationcentre.com/lionesses-ge-open-innovation-challenge
- Short-listed companies are in no way guaranteed an investment from GE or any affiliates.