The Guardian UK hosted an online webchat entitled: 'Branding masterclass - how to tell your business story in a new market' - on 29 April between 12 and 1pm. Representing Africa was the highly talented Akosua Afriyie-Kumi the founder and creative director of AAKS, Ghana. AAKS is a luxury accessories brand that handcrafts bags utilising traditional weaving techniques.
You can learn more about Akosua by reading her full LoA 'Startup Story' here.
LoA joined the webchat and got to ask Akosua her thoughts on the current Afroluxe market trend that's combining unique handcrafted skills and ethical production practices to produce globally attractive products. Here's the Q&A stream of our chat:
Akosua was joined for the webchat by the following panellists:
- Gordon McRae is vice president at JML (John Mills Ltd)
- Sarah Aitken is the CMO in the Americas for the UK-founded creative agency, iris Worldwide
- Sarah Bell is the communications manager for UPS UK
- Gemma Price is the co-founder of online health food retailer SuperfoodMarket, which trades in 14 countries
- Adam Elgar is the founder of Passle, a thought-leadership platform
- Iain Bluett is president and co-founder of Ticket Alternative and Freshtix
- James Cotton is founder and managing director of digital creative agency Onespacemedia