f a s h i o n r e v o l u t i o n s o u t h a f r i c a
VISION: We believe in a fashion Industry that values people, the environment, creativity, sustainability, and it is everyone's responsibility to ensure that this happens.
Fashion Revolution Day on the 24th April 2015, is an international day and opportunity to celebrate fashion as a positive influence, raise awareness of the fashion industry's most pressing issues, show that change is possible and celebrate those who are on a journey to create a more ethical and sustainable future for fashion. It will rally the high street, the high end, the innovators, the media, the public, the activists, the makers, the wearers – and everyone in between.
The global fashion industry is coming together to celebrate the second year of Fashion Revolution Day - on the 24th April 2015. This is when a series of international events and initiatives will highlight the fashion industry's urgent concerns and engage local communities to demand greater transparency throughout.
We invite you to participate.
We invite you to support.
We invite you to act.
Friday 24 April 2015 – International Fashion Revolution Day
Morning workshops for students, industry personnel, open to the public (by pre-registration only)
- Talks by Tony Budden (Hemporium), Nikki Stear (LiveEco/Remake), Olivia Kennaway (Lalesso) and others to be confirmed.
- Workshops engaging in ethical/sustainable practices, live demo’s etc.
Afternoon Media Briefing (4pm - 5pm)
- Welcome and briefing by FashRev SA team, including the journey and where we wish to take it.
- Pre screening of ‘Roots to Retail’ the FashRev SA fashion film Directed by Ernst Heusser.
- Preview of the 24 Portraits exhibition featuring influential industry personalities and their view on sustainable fashion and it’s future.
Evening Event (6pm - 9pm)
- Champagne & Canapés to welcome industry invite only guests.
- Welcome and main screening of ‘Roots to Retail’ by Ernst Heusser.
- Viewing of 24 portraits exhibition and sustainable brands garment display.
Saturday 25th April 2015
- Pop Up Shop – Local Sustainable Designer Day
All the above events take place at The Bello Studio, Old Biscuit Mill, Woodstock.
Fashion Revolution is strongly driven/powered by the global social media campaign.
Revolution Day - 24th April 2015 - we are asking everyone to join in making a huge social media surge.