Okay, it is the start of a new year and, as entrepreneurs, we are all busy motivating ourselves and making our resolutions to be firmly stuck to over the year ahead. Our energy levels are up after the holidays, we are full of enthusiasm, and everything seems possible again. So, how do we ensure that once this initial new year upbeat euphoria has begun to wane, we are still able to be happy, healthy, productive and focused people for the rest of the year, and achieve our goals? Here are our 5 top tips for beating stress and achieving a level of happiness, health and motivation in 2015.
- Stay Positive – let’s face it, there will be lots of business and personal challenges along the way, but we have a choice to either look at life through a glass half full, or a glass half empty. The view through a glass half full is a lot more enjoyable and helps to keep spirits high, no matter what. People around you will also respond so much more positively to that approach – try it and see for yourself.
- Keep Focused on the Big Picture – remind yourself each day what you are working towards, what you are trying to achieve as your end goal, and don’t let the small bumps and challenges along the way deter you from that focus.
- Throw Yourself into |Every Small Task – there are always lots of boring admin or other such tasks to be completed each day as part of the entrepreneurial journey. However, we have two choices when undertaking them – to be grumpy and resentful of having to waste our time doing such menial tasks, or to see them as essential to achieving our end goals. So, no matter what the task, give it 100% and you will be rewarded with an essential job well done.
- Keep Dreaming Big – at all times, keep your own motivation levels high by reminding yourself of what you are aiming for – your big entrepreneurial dream. It is good to have a big dream to aim for, and will keep you focused on the difficult days.
- Don’t See Problems, See Opportunities – let’s be honest, every day will bring its share of problems or challenges to be overcome. But, instead of letting them become a burden, see each problem as an opportunity to do something better, to make a difference. It will help in reducing stress levels.
Follow these simple tips and make the positive choices over the coming year that will bring health and happiness to your entrepreneurial journey.